You have two options if you want to open a savings account in Barclays. Personal visit and online account opening.
You can visit the bank personally to open an account by following these steps.
- You must physically go to the bank branch where you wish to open your account.
- Acquire a Savings Account Opening Form and fill in all necessary information about the customer’s information.
- After you have finished filling out the account opening form, you must attach your KYC documents, including your PAN, your address, and your proof of identity.
- Some banks require that you provide your permanent address and your telephone number.
- The banker will verify the Account Opening Form (AOF) and any other attachments. After reviewing these requirements, he will decide whether or not to proceed further.
- The banker will verify your Account Opening Form (AOF) and other supporting documentation, and you will be assigned an account number. You will then be required to deposit the minimum required balance in your account, which will vary depending on your savings bank account type.
- Once your account has been successfully opened, the banker will hand over a checkbook, a passbook, a debit card, and other necessary documents to you, after which you will be able to conduct transactions through your account with ease.
Following are the steps to open a savings bank account with Barclays Bank. You must complete the steps outlined below:
- You need to go to the bank’s official website to open a new account with that institution.
- Filling out the Savings Account Opening Form is the first step in opening the account. It is necessary to fill out all necessary information, including the customer’s information.
- After you have finished filling out the account opening form, you must attach your KYC documents, including your PAN, your address, and proof of identity.
- You can submit your KYC documents through a video call to verify them by the bank. You will be required to grant access to your smartphone’s location, camera, and microphone to complete this task successfully.
- After you have been verified via video call following step 4, the bank will open your account. You will be assigned a Customer ID and account number by the financial institution.
- The bank will send you a Cheque Book, Passbook, Debit Card, and other documents to your communication address once your account has been successfully opened. You will then be able to conduct transactions from your account.
To learn more about opening bank accounts in different banks, visit our blog section.